Tuesday 30 January 2018

Colouring skin

Hi all, I apologise for being away for so long. I got caught up in the festive season, and then once that was over, I've been full throttle wedding planning, so my colouring kind of sat neglected on the side lines while I was busy making decisions for later this year. 

I finally took a step back and made some time for myself to do something creative that was just for myself, and I managed to get together an entry to the latest Make It Colourful challenge

The theme for this month's challenge is 'Skin' so I took the image Michelle which came with the Colouring faces tutorial that Zoe created. If you haven't discovered Zoe's tutorials yet, I would highly advise looking into them. I find them highly informative, packed with hints and tips. I usually find that if I contact Zoe needing any extra help or feedback she is willing to give me that extra help or nudge in the right direction, to help me continuously improve my work. 

But anyway, I digress. Here is my project:


Colours used:
Skin:
Hair:
Eyes:
Lips:

As you can see, I've coloured her using the no lines technique using my spectrum noir pencils. I've focused on just her head and neck, and placed her into a heart shaped chipboard shadow box, also from Make It Crafty. I used a few neon acrylic paints dry brushed onto the outside frame to add a bright pop of colour and add a little texture. 

I then took the Smile chipboard sentiment and painted it and glittered it, and added a handmade flower from Petal Lu just to finish her off. 

I am so pleased with how she has come out. I was convinced in my mind that because I hadn't done any colouring in weeks that this one was going to be the one I would make mistakes on and then I would start another. How wrong was I?!? 

Until next time :)


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely frame!!
    Thanks for joining us at MIC Challenge. Hugs
    Nicoletta

    ReplyDelete